Tuesday 1 April 2008

Hagglers

Just had a guy from a portrait session tell me he was very disapointed with the images in the preview, so please could I make a reasonable offer for all images on CD so he could 'salvage' something from the shoot.

Now being a photographer always being doubtful and being your own worst critic I took this a bit to heart but looking at the images, they are actually a good strong set of images so I asked my wife and she agreed. So I posted them up for a load of other photographers to view and they all agreed to, the pictures are fine.

Then I started thinking, why does he want the images if he's disapointed with them? Answer, he's not, he's just trying to beat me down on price. The guy actually IS a professional haggler, that's his job, he runs an import company, but it's a bit soul destroying when he's trying it on with me. Still, I quoted him full price, if he wants them he'll pay for them, if he doens't want to pay full price, he won't get them.

No comments: