Sunday 24 February 2008

Wedding Fair, Hampshire Centre Court Hotel

The wedding fair at the Hampshire Centre Court Hotel was a great success, despite the lack of a fashion show this year and one of my exhibition lights deciding to give up the ghost! As usual I met some great couples and have a very positive feeling about potential wedding bookings from the fair.

My new box frames with images created using Nik filters Colour FX were unveiled today and recieved many positive comments which is encouraging. I'll update my website www.brianparkes.com with these when I get some free time.

Mark and Suzy my local competition whom I would consider good friends was there and we all agreed it was a very busy and successful day with good numbers of couple coming through to talk about their weddings.

I don't understand photographers at wedding fairs who are hostile and treat competition as a threat, Mark and I have both swopped links on our websites and if I'm busy I'd have no problem recommending him and visa versa. It's nice to know there is always somebody there you can call to swop ideas with and help out cover a job if your very ill and can't make it!

No comments: